This week: Glastonbury, Social Festival, Sasha & Digweed in Ibiza, Sub Club on tour, Erol Alkan, Aphex Twin, David Morales, Marc Romboy and much more
1. The full line-up has now been announced for this year's Glastonbury festival. With some 82 stages in total spanning a huge range of music, there's obviously not room here to list everyone, but some highlights that might entice iDJ readers include Major Lazer, Stormzy and Wiley on the Other Stage, Dizzee Rascal, The Avalanches, Toots & The Maytals, Justice, Moderat and Cinematic Orchestra on the West Holts Stage, Annie Mac, DJ Shadow and Metronomy on the John Peel Stage, and the Hot 8 Brass Band on the Avalon stage. Glade hosts The Orb, A Guy Called Gerald, Goldie, Jah Wobble, Don Letts, Layo & Bushwacka!, Sasha & Digweed, Way Out West and System 7, while Dreadzone will play the Left Field. Arcadia has Boys Noize, Jackmaster, Patrick Topping B2B Richy Ahmed, Skream B2B Solardo, Noisia, Goldie, Coldcut, Roni Size, Fabio & Grooverider, My Nu Leng and Groove Armada, Wow! has Shy FX, Ben UFO, Pearson Sound, Henrik Schwarz, Bicep, Jamie Jones, Leon Vynehall, DJ Tennis and Digital Mystikz, and... oh, look, there's bloody loads more, so just click here to see the complete line-up, okay?
2. Sticking with UK festivals, also announcing their full line-up this week were Nic Fanciulli's The Social Festival, who for their fifth anniversary event will be enticing Black Coffee, Sasha & Digweed, Carl Cox, Jackmaster, The Martinez Brothers, Adriatique, Cassy, D'Julz and more to the Kent County Showground in Maidstone on 29-30 September.
3. And speaking of Sasha & Digweed, they've announced more guests for their Ibiza residency Resistance this summer. Joining them on Tuesdays at Privilege will be Cassy, Josh Wink, Martin Buttrich, B.Traits, Kevin Saunderson, Nic Fanciulli and Victor Calderone, among others, who join the previously announced likes of Nicole Moudaber, Dubfire, Eats Everything, Matador and DJ Tennis. The opening bash is on 25 July.
4. Meanwhile at Sankeys Ibiza, classics night Dance 88/89 kick off their summer season on Wednesday (7 June), with your retro selectors for the evening being Graeme Park, Bushwacka! and original Ibiza legend Alfredo.
5. Congratulations this week to Warp artist Oneohtrix Point Never, who's just won the prestigious Soundtrack Award at this year's Cannes film festival. The gong is for his original score to the film Good Time, which is out 11 August, and which includes one track on which Oneohtrix Point Never collaborates with the mighty Iggy Pop.
6. Techno producer Marc Romboy is getting all cultural... he'll be teaming up with the Dortmund Philharmonic Orchestra on 7 July to record a live, one-off performance of his reworkings of pieces by the classical composer Debussy. Announcing the project, the Systematic label boss said: "The usage of parallel chord figures and bitonality were remarkable attributes of Debussy’s music and this freedom of musical expression was the aspect which brought me to the conclusion that I have found a soul mate." And while we're talking electronic/classical fusions, you might also like to know that Hacienda Classical will be playing at Castlefield Bowl, Manchester on 1 July, Times Square, Newcastle on 4 August and 02 Apollo, Manchester on 25 November.
7. Following the untimely death of D&B producer Marcus Intalex (Marcus Kaye) at the weekend, fabric have made his FABRICLIVE 35 mix album from 2007 available for free streaming on their Soundcloud page - check it out below. They've also posted a very touching tribute, which you can read here.
8. Glasgow's legendary Sub Club is 30 years old this year, and residents Harri & Domenic are celebrating that fact by buggering off all over Europe. Their XXX Tour kicks off at Exit Festival in Serbia on 6 July, and will then roll through Porto (21 July), Paris (18 August), Manchester (25 Aug), Skye Live festival, Portree (22 September), XOYO, London (7 October), Oslo (13 Oct), Dublin (20 Oct), San Sebastian (21 Oct) and Barcelona (15 December), which more dates still TBA.
9. Speaking of XOYO, the latest in the London club's series of three-month Friday night residencies will star Erol Alkan. He'll take over from current resident The Black Madonna on 7 July, with guests set to include Peaches, Francois Kevorkian, Jimmy Edgar, 2ManyDJs, Daniel Avery and Boys Noize, among others. Alkan himself will play all night long on 18 August and 29 September.
10. Unlikely team-up of the month? Luciano and David Morales, who've joined forces for a collaborative single called Esperanza. The two wrote the track together, then went away and produced their own individual versions (the Luciano Flow Latino Mix and the David Morales Red Zone Mix). You can get your hands on both when the vinyl drops on Cadenza on 30 June, with a digital release to follow a week later.
11. Aphex Twin's live performance at Field Day festival on 3 June will be live-streamed on London-based internet radio station NTS, accompanied by visuals created especially for the stream by Aphex collaborator Weirdcore.
12. Looking for a new synth plug-in? Then check out Syntronik from IK Multimedia, which features sounds from a whopping 38 classic synths from the likes of Yamaha, Moog, Korg, ARP and Roland. It's available now, priced €180 - full details here.
13. And finally... any aspiring hip-hop producers in the house? French producer Wax Tailor recently released his fifth album By Any Beats Necessary, and with a remix version coming soon, he's inviting up-and-comers to have a go at remixing album track The Chase, with prizes for the top five (as selected by an online poll) and the overall winner's rub nestling alongside big-name rerubs on the vinyl version of By Any Remix Necessary. You've got until 30 June if you want to have a go - full details here.
Glastonbury pic: JaswoodUK/Creative Commons, via Flickr
Tags: Glastonbury, The Social Festival, Sasha & Digweed, Resistance, Privilege, Ibiza, Sankeys, Dance 88/89, Ooneohtrix Point Never, Iggy Pop, Marc Romboy, Hacienda Classical, fabric, Marcus Intalex, Sub Club, Harri & Domenic, XOYO, Erol Alkan, Luciano, David Morales, Aphex Twin, Field Day, NTS, Wax Tailor, remix competition, Cadenza, Syntronik, IK Multimedia