Without doubt one of THE most important house labels of all time, Strictly Rhythm was set up by former enginer and disco lover Mark Finkelstein in 1987, aided and abetted by Gladys Pizarro on the A&R front. Throughout the late 80s and early 90s, the label released seminal early works by the likes of Masters At Work, Todd Terry, Roger Sanchez and Erick Morillo, and its famous 'brick wall' logo was a familiar sight on T-shirts during the heyday of rave in the UK. In the late 90s, the label did a deal with Warners and took to licensing Euro hits by the likes of Vengaboys for the US market, but the move proved unpopular with the label's long-term audience and Strictly folded in late 2002. However, it was revived in 2006 with the help of UK house behemoth Defected, and has been releasing music constantly ever since.
- Associated Genres:House, House / House
- Associated Country:United States of America
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/strictlyrhythm
- Twitter Page:https://twitter.com/strictlyrhythm
- Discogs Page:http://www.discogs.com/label/609-Strictly-Rhythm