The album's trailed by new Martina Topley-Bird collab 'When We Die'
Tricky will release his 13th studio album ununiform on 22 September, via his own False Idols label.
The album was recorded in Moscow and Berlin (where Tricky has been living for the past three years) and is said to see him "take perhaps his most radical step yet – a journey into happiness and contentment". We're also told to expect a return to a more classic Tricky sound, after a series of very experimental and eclectic albums in recent years.
The album is trailed by the single When We Die, which sees him working once more with Martina Topley-Bird, with whom he hasn't worked for nearly 15 years. Other previous collaborators returning to the Tricky camp include for this album include Francesca Belmonte and Asia Argente, while other featured vocalists include Avalon Lurks, Mina Rose, Terra Lopez and Russian rappers Scriptonite and Smokey Mo.
The full tracklisting for the album is as follows:
1. Obia Intro
2. Same As It Ever Was (feat. Scriptonite)
3. New Stole (feat. Francesca Belmonte)
4. Wait For Signal (feat. Asia Argento)
5. It’s Your Day (feat. Scriptonite)
6. Blood Of My Blood (feat. Scriptonite)
7. Dark Days (feat. Mina Rose)
8. The Only Way
9. Armor (feat. Terra Lopez)
10. Doll (feat. Avalon Lurks)
11. Bang Boogie (feat. Smoky Mo)
12. Running Wild (feat. Mina Rose)
13. When We Die (feat. Martina Topley-Bird)
ununiform is available to pre-order now via !K7
Pic: Sebastian Pielles